This year marked Super Bowl 50 and with a milestone as big as this, the commercials were sure to live up to the big expectations. With Forbes reporting that a 30-second commercial cost companies $5 million, the quality of this years commercials did not disappoint. From the emotionally touching, the hilarious, the playful, and the just bizarre, these commercials were some of the best yet!
Whats interesting is the buzz that the Super Bowl generates is not just about football. Throughout the broadcast, the commentators mentioned a multitude of sponsors throughout the game, which was followed up by a commercial break featuring the sponsors commercial- brands were everywhere! The halftime show also generates a lot of discussion in the days following the Super Bowl. This year, Beyonce's performance caused a lot of discussion around race, police brutality, and even- yes, another brand- Red Lobster. Red Lobster reported that its sales have increased 33% since Beyonce debuted her new song, Formation. This just goes to show the power of popular media, in commercials, songs, and performances.
I leave you with my favorite Super Bowl commercial this year that is sure to put a smile on your face...
I leave you with my favorite Super Bowl commercial this year that is sure to put a smile on your face...
I love your fact about Red Lobster's growth in sales. It is crazy to think that people will go to a restaurant, such as Red Lobster, just because a celebrity endorses it by singing about it. The power of advertisements and social media is defiantly very influential on our daily lives.
ReplyDeleteThough I don't agree these were the best adds yet, I do agree that the Heinz commercial is cute and effective. I agree that it is interesting that the buzz around the Superbowl is around the commercials, the food you're going to eat at it, the halftime show and a little about the game.
ReplyDelete